|Aubergine||1 Medium, sliced|
|Onion||1 Medium, peeled and sliced|
|Green pepper||1 Medium, cored, seeded and sliced|
|Red pepper||1 Medium, cored, seeded and sliced|
|Tomatoes||1⁄2 Pound, peeled and sliced|
|Courgettes||1⁄2 Pound, sliced|
|Ground black pepper||To Taste|
|Chicken stock||1⁄2 Pint|
|Cooked ham||4 Ounce, chopped (for finish)|
|Cheddar cheese||4 Ounce, grated (for finish)|
1) Preheat the oven to 375°F.
2) Dredge the aubergine slices with salt and allow it to marinate for 30 minutes.
3) Pour off the liquid, rinse in cold running water, then dry on paper towels.
4) Place the vegetables in layers in an ovenproof dish.
5) Dredge each layer with a lot of seasoning.
6) Stream the stock over vegetable.
7) Cover and cook oven for 45 minutes to 1 hour or until the vegetables are tender.
8) If you wish to freeze the dish, then do so at this stage. Seal, label and freeze.
9) Drain off the stock, dredge the vegetables with ham and cheese and bake in oven until the cheese melts.
10) Serve hot sprinkled with chopped parsley if desired.
11) If using frozen vegetables, reheat from frozen in a preheated moderate oven at 350°F. for 1 hour or until heated through.
12) Follow steps 8 and 9 to finish and serve.
Calories 292 Calories from Fat 139
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 16 g24.2%
Saturated Fat 8.1 g40.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 58.2 mg19.4%
Sodium 390.6 mg16.3%
Total Carbohydrates 20 g6.8%
Dietary Fiber 6.5 g26.1%
Sugars 10 g
Protein 19 g39%
Vitamin A 40.6% Vitamin C 155.6%
Calcium 25.1% Iron 9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet