Light Carrot Cake
|Honey||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Eggs||3 , separated into yolks and whites|
|Whole wheat flour||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Unbleached white flour||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Ginger powder||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Baking powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Nutmeg powder||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Corn starch||2 Tablespoon|
|Cream of tartar||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Vanilla extract||1 Teaspoon|
|Carrots||1 Cup (16 tbs), grated and cooked|
|Vegetable oil||2 Tablespoon (for greasing)|
1. Preheat an oven at 175C (350F).
2. Grease a 1 0 inch Bundt pan/ tube pan and keep aside.
3. In a medium sized bowl, combine all the dry ingredients apart from cream of tartar and sieve. Keep aside.
4. In a medium sized bowl, place egg whites and beat till foam stage.
5. Add cream of tartar and beat till stiff peak stage. Keep aside.
6. In a large bowl, combine honey, vanilla extract and egg yolks. Beat well for around 7 minutes or till thick.
7. Add sieved flour and fold gently using a rubber spatula.
8. Add carrots and mix well.
9. Add egg whites and fold gently.
10. Transfer on to greased pan and bake in pre heated oven on middle rack for 20 to 25 minutes, or till done.
11. Once baked, remove from oven, invert on to a cooling rack and keep aside to cool.
12. Cut into slices and serve warm.