Spinach and Cream Cheese Parcels
|Short crust pastry||600 Gram (Bought)|
|Cream cheese||450 Gram|
|Cooked spinach/Fresh spinach - 450 grams||225 Gram|
|Cheese||100 Gram, grated|
|Tomato puree||2 Tablespoon|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), crushed|
|Basil||1⁄2 Teaspoon, freeze-dried|
|Oregano||1⁄2 Teaspoon, freeze-dried|
1) Preheat oven to temperature of 375 degrees.
2) In a food processor, place the cream cheese and switch the processor on at a low speed.
3) Add all the remaining ingredients gradually, keep increase the speed all the time.
4) Cut the pastry into squares of 9 cm. each and place them on a baking tray.
5) On each square, add 2 teaspoonfuls of the filling and fold the pastry over to make the triangles.
6) Brush the stuffed pastry with a beaten egg or milk to glaze well.
7) Bake in the preheated oven for about 20 minutes or till the preparation is form to touch.
8) Serve the Spinach and Cream Cheese Parcels as an appetizer while still hot. Place on a decorative serving platter and serve.
Calories 432 Calories from Fat 333
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 38 g58.1%
Saturated Fat 20.6 g103%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 100 mg33.3%
Sodium 375.6 mg15.7%
Total Carbohydrates 14 g4.6%
Dietary Fiber 1.1 g4.6%
Sugars 3.1 g
Protein 11 g22%
Vitamin A 94.2% Vitamin C 19.8%
Calcium 24.2% Iron 9.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet