Vanessa Binns' Bacon Wrapped Potato Cake
|Baking potatoes||1 Kilogram, peeled and thinly sliced|
|Butter||1 Tablespoon (Use A Knob)|
|Streaky bacon||225 Gram, rinded|
|Grated gruyere cheese||75 Gram|
|Ground black pepper||To Taste|
1) Preheat oven to temperature of 350 degrees.
2) In lightly salted water, simmer the sliced potatoes for about 5 minutes. Drain and reserve.
3) Grease a 23 cm. quiche dish and line it with the bacon. Allow the rashers to overhang the dish-€™s edges.
4) In an even layer, put 1/3rd of the potatoes in the bottom of the dish. Sprinkle with about a third of the cheese and season with black pepper.
5) Repeat the process twice till the ingredients have all been used up.
6) Fold back the bacon that is overhanging to cover the potatoes.
7) Bake in the preheated oven for about 45 minutes, till the potatoes are properly cooked and the bacon is crisp.
8) Turn the preparation onto a dish and grill the bottom to make the bacon crisp.
9) Cut the hot bacon-potato cake into wedges and serve right away. A light, green salad can be served on the side. Makes an excellent main course dish, appetizer or even a snack.