|Parsnips||2 1⁄4 Pound, quartered|
|Grainy mustard||1 Tablespoon|
1) For about 6 minutes, par-boil the parsnips.
2) In a frying pan, melt the butter and add the mustard and seasoning.
3) Drain the parsnips and put them in the frying pan.
4) Gently cook the contents, turning the parsnips occasionally to ensure that they are well-coated.
5) Cook till the parsnips are tender.
6) Serve the Spiced Parsnips while still hot. Transfer to a decorative serving platter and serve as an appetizer. Can also be served as a side dish.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 949 Calories from Fat 204
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 24 g36.2%
Saturated Fat 13.4 g66.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 53.8 mg17.9%
Sodium 145.6 mg6.1%
Total Carbohydrates 184 g61.4%
Dietary Fiber 50.1 g200.5%
Sugars 49.3 g
Protein 13 g25.2%
Vitamin A 12.5% Vitamin C 289.5%
Calcium 37.6% Iron 33.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet