Judi Spiers' Carrot Cake
|Dark brown sugar||100 Gram|
|Finely grated carrots||175 Gram|
|Wholemeal self raising flour||100 Gram|
|Ground cinnamon||1 Teaspoon|
|Dessicated coconut||50 Gram|
|Grated orange rind||2 Teaspoon|
|Chopped walnuts||100 Gram|
|Icing sugar||100 Gram|
|Orange rind||1⁄2 (Rind Of 1/2 Fruit)|
|Orange juice||4 Teaspoon|
1) Preheat the oven to temperature of 375 degrees.
2) Butter and line the base of a 7-inch cake tin.
3) Beat together the eggs and sugar in a large bowl till the mixture is creamy.
4) Whisk in the oil very gradually.
5) Fold in the grated carrots very gently and then fold in the rest of the ingredients till well mixed.
6) Into the prepared cake tin, pour the mixture.
7) Bake in the preheated oven for 25 to 30 minutes, till the cake is firm to touch.
8) Cool the cake on a wire rack.
9) To prepare the icing, sift the icing sugar into a bowl and add the rind and juice. Mix well.
10) Spread the icing all over the cake.
11) Put the prepared carrot cake on a decorative cake plate and cut it into wedges. Serve as a dessert when at room temperature or chill beforehand and serve cold.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 3067 Calories from Fat 1579
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 178 g274.5%
Saturated Fat 32.8 g164.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 423 mg141%
Sodium 1282.5 mg53.4%
Total Carbohydrates 339 g113.1%
Dietary Fiber 25.8 g103.1%
Sugars 230.3 g
Protein 45 g89.4%
Vitamin A 597.5% Vitamin C 81.2%
Calcium 28.9% Iron 41.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet