Oven Baked Short Ribs With Garden Vegetables
|Beef short ribs||3 Pound|
|Carrots||1 Pound, cleaned and halved|
|Potatoes||1 Pound, pared and halved|
|Fresh green beans||1⁄2 Pound|
|White onions||4 Small|
|Canned beef broth||13 3⁄4 Ounce (1 Can)|
|Prepared mustard||2 Teaspoon|
1. Trim excess fat off the ribs.
2. Score meaty side of ribs, opposite bone, 1/2 inch apart, 1/2 inch deep, lengthwise, and crosswise.
3. Season them well with salt and pepper.
4. Preheat the oven to 350°F
5. In a large roasting pan, arrange the ribs.
6. Place in the hot oven and roast them for 2 hours.
7. Blend the broth, horseradish, and mustard together.
8. Add the vegetables to the pan at the end of 2 hours.
9. Pour sauce over the ribs and vegetables, sautÃ©ing lightly to coat.
10. Cover the pan with foil and return it to the oven.
11. Let the ribs cook for another 40 to 50 minutes until meat falls off the bones and vegetables are tender.
12. Serve the Oven Baked Short Ribs with Garden Vegetables, spooning the sauce over them.