Sunlite Carrot Cake
|Oil||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs) (Sunlite)|
|Sugar||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Eggs||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|All-purpose flour||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Baking soda||2 Teaspoon|
|Flaked coconut||7 Ounce (1 Package)|
|Carrots||2 Cup (32 tbs), shredded|
|Canned crushed pineapple||13 1⁄2 Ounce, drained (1 Can)|
|Nuts||1 Cup (16 tbs), chopped|
1. Grease a 13-inch by 9-inch baking pan. Dust it with flour.
2. Preheat the oven to 350°F degrees.
3. Sift flour with baking soda, salt and spices. Stir in the coconut and nuts. Keep aside.
4. In a bowl, combine oil, suagr, eggs and vanilla.
5. Blend at medium speed using an electric mixer or a wooden spoon.
6. Add dry ingredients and beat 2 minutes.
7. Stir in carrot and pineapple.
8. Pour batter into prepared pan.
9. Bake immediately in preheated oven for 45 to 50 minutes or until golden and skewer comes out clean when inserted in the center of the cake.
10. Remove cake pan from the oven and let the cake cool in pan for 15 minutes.
11. Invert onto a wire rack and cool.
12. Cut into squares and warm or cold, plain topped with a cream cheese frosting or glaze if you like.