Cumin And Chick Pea Baked Potatoes
|Baking potatoes||32 Ounce (4 In Number, 8 Ounce Each)|
|Skimmed milk||3 1⁄2 Fluid Ounce|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), crushed|
|Cumin||3⁄4 Teaspoon, ground|
|Canned chickpeas||6 Ounce, cooked|
|Spring onions||3 , chopped|
|Freshly ground black pepper||To Taste|
|Coriander leaves||1 Teaspoon (For Garnish)|
1. Scrub & clean the potatoes thoroughly, pat dry and pierce the potato with a skewer evenly on the skin.
2. In a pre-heated oven shelf place the pierced potatoes and bake for about an hour or until tender.
3. Remove the cooked potatoes and cut into half. Now, in a mixing bowl carefully scoop out the cooked flesh.
4. In the mixing bowl mash the potatoes flesh with milk, garlic and ground cumin until smooth.
5. To the bowl now add chick peas and mix it into the potato mixture, also now stir in the chopped spring onions and season well with salt and pepper.
6. On a baking sheet place the potato skins, and spoon generously the potato mixture prepared into the potato skins.
7. With the back of a fork smooth the surface lightly.
8. Now, place these stuffed potato skins in the pre-heated oven for another 20 minutes, until brown from top.
9. Garnish with sprigs of coriander leaves and serve hot with a green crisp salad.
Tenderness of the potatoes can be checked by piercing the tip of the knife in the potato