|Leeks||1 Pound, washed, trimmed and finely sliced|
|Water||1⁄4 Pint, salted|
|Freshly ground black pepper||To Taste|
1) In a casserole, combine the leeks and water.
2) Add pepper to taste.
3) On high power, cook covered for 6 minutes or until the leeks become tender.
4) In a blender, puree the leeks, along with the cooking liquid.
5) Transfer the pureed leeks to the casserole.
6) On high power, cover and reheat for 1 to 2 minutes, or until hot.
7) Serve the Leek Puree immediately. You can serve this along with a dish of Scallops wrapped in Pancetta.
Calories 28 Calories from Fat 1
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 0.14 g0.21%
Saturated Fat 0.02 g0.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 9.1 mg0.4%
Total Carbohydrates 6 g2.2%
Dietary Fiber 0.84 g3.4%
Sugars 1.8 g
Protein 0.69 g1.4%
Vitamin A 15.1% Vitamin C 9.1%
Calcium 2.7% Iron 5.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet