|Leeks||1 Pound, washed, trimmed and finely sliced|
|Water||1⁄4 Pint, salted|
|Freshly ground black pepper||To Taste|
1) In a casserole, combine the leeks and water.
2) Add pepper to taste.
3) On high power, cook covered for 6 minutes or until the leeks become tender.
4) In a blender, puree the leeks, along with the cooking liquid.
5) Transfer the pureed leeks to the casserole.
6) On high power, cover and reheat for 1 to 2 minutes, or until hot.
7) Serve the Leek Puree immediately. You can serve this along with a dish of Scallops wrapped in Pancetta.