Potato And Ham Cake
|Medium potatoes||1 1⁄2 Pound|
|Cooked ham||1⁄2 Pound, sliced|
|Soft bread crumbs||3 Tablespoon|
|Cheese||2 Cup (32 tbs), grated|
|Milk||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1) Cook potatoes in boiling salted water for 20 minutes.
2) Meanwhile, chop the ham.
3) Grease a 7 inch springform pan with a little of the butter and sprinkle breadcrumbs over the bottom and sides, shaking off any excess.
4) Preheat oven to 350°.
5) Drain and peel the potatoes, then cut into 1/4 inch thick slices.
6) In the bottom of the pan, arrange a few of the slices, slightly overlapping,
7) Melt the remaining butter and brush a little over the potatoes.
8) Scatter some of the ham, then some of the cheese over and season.
8) Continue layering, reserving a little of the butter, and finishing with a layer of potato topped with cheese.
9) Pour the milk over and brush with remaining butter.
10) Bake for about 30 minutes till potatoes are tender and cheese has melted.
11) Unmold cake from pan.
12) Serve the potato and ham cake with salad and crusty bread.