Cheese and Vegetable Rarebit
|Grated cheddar cheese||6 Ounce|
|Onion||1 Small, peeled, very finely chopped|
|Carrot||1 Medium, peeled and grated|
|Mustard powder||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Sea salt||To Taste|
|Freshly ground black pepper||To Taste|
|Wholemeal bread slices||4 , toasted|
1) In a large ovenproof bowl, combine the cheese, onion, carrot, bran, eggs, mustard and milk. Mix gently.
2) Add salt and pepper to taste.
3) On high power, cook for 2 minutes, or until the mixture thickens. Beat the mix every 30 seconds.
4) Onto the toast, pile the cheese mix.
5) Serve the sandwich as is, or after browning under a grill.