Cheese and Vegetable Rarebit
|Grated cheddar cheese||6 Ounce|
|Onion||1 Small, peeled, very finely chopped|
|Carrot||1 Medium, peeled and grated|
|Mustard powder||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Sea salt||To Taste|
|Freshly ground black pepper||To Taste|
|Wholemeal bread slices||4 , toasted|
1) In a large ovenproof bowl, combine the cheese, onion, carrot, bran, eggs, mustard and milk. Mix gently.
2) Add salt and pepper to taste.
3) On high power, cook for 2 minutes, or until the mixture thickens. Beat the mix every 30 seconds.
4) Onto the toast, pile the cheese mix.
5) Serve the sandwich as is, or after browning under a grill.
Calories 577 Calories from Fat 307
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 35 g53.2%
Saturated Fat 20.2 g101.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 304.1 mg101.4%
Sodium 944.4 mg39.4%
Total Carbohydrates 35 g11.7%
Dietary Fiber 5.5 g21.9%
Sugars 6.5 g
Protein 31 g62.9%
Vitamin A 131.4% Vitamin C 10.8%
Calcium 68.8% Iron 10.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet