|Shallots||1 1⁄2 Pound, peeled but with the root ends left on (24 large size)|
|Freshly ground pepper||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Extra virgin olive oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Fresh thyme sprigs/1/2 teaspoon dried thyme||3|
1) Preheat the oven to 350°.
2) In a medium cast-iron skillet, place the shallots. Season with salt, pepper and olive oil. Toss well.
3) Place bay leaves and thyme over the shallots.
4) Cover the skillet with foil and place inside oven to roast for 30 minutes.
5) Remove the cover and roast for another 30 minutes, until the shallots are tender when pierced.
6) Increase the temperature to 450°.
7) Roast the shallots for about 10 minutes, shaking the pan occasionally, until browned.
8) Serve hot with your choice of main dish.