|Whipped butter||1 Tablespoon|
|Olive oil/Vegetable oil||2 Teaspoon|
|Cubed pared jicama||4 Cup (64 tbs)|
|Sliced red onions||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Thin red bell pepper strips||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Water||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Instant chicken broth and seasoning mix||1 Ounce (1 packet)|
|Red pepper||1 Dash, crushed|
1) In a 10-inch skillet, mix together the butter and oil.
2) Heat until the butter melts.
3) To this, add the jicama.
4) Over medium-high heat, cook this for 5 minutes, or until light brown. Stir in between as required.
5) To this, add onions and bell pepper. Mix well.
6) Cook until the onions become tender, for 3 minutes. Stir occasionally while cooking.
7) Now, add the remaining ingredients.
8) Over high heat, cook covered for 6 to 7 minutes, or until the jicama is soft.
9) Serve the Skillet Jicama along with hot cooked rice and a green salad.
Calories 165 Calories from Fat 51
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 6 g8.9%
Saturated Fat 2.3 g11.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 8.1 mg2.7%
Sodium 35.9 mg1.5%
Total Carbohydrates 26 g8.8%
Dietary Fiber 13.6 g54.4%
Sugars 6.8 g
Protein 2 g4.1%
Vitamin A 2.9% Vitamin C 84.1%
Calcium 3.5% Iron 8.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet