Twice Baked Potatoes With Cream And Wild Mushrooms
|Russet potatoes/Other baking potatoes||2 Large|
|Dried mushrooms||1 Ounce (such as cepes or morels)|
|Freshly ground pepper||1 Pinch|
|Heavy cream||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
1) Preheat the oven to 400°.
2) With a fork, pierce the potatoes in various places.
3) Place the potatoes inside the oven to bake for about 50 minutes, or until tender when pierced with a fork.
4) Meanwhile, in a small bowl, pour in a cup of hot water to soak the mushrooms for 30 minutes or until tender.
5) Remove the mushrooms from water, squeeze excess water and chop coarsely.
6) Lower the oven temperature to 350°.
7) In a medium bowl, scoop out the potatoes by discarding or reserving the skin for some other purpose.
8) With a fork, break up the potatoes and combine with chopped mushrooms. Season the potato mixture with salt and pepper as per taste.
9) In a small gratin dish, spread the potato mixture.
10) Spread the cream on top and place inside oven to bake, uncovered, for 30 minutes, or until bubbling and lightly browned.
11) Serve the baked potatoes hot with your choice of any main dish.
Calories 235 Calories from Fat 147
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 17 g25.8%
Saturated Fat 10.4 g52%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 61.7 mg20.6%
Sodium 506.3 mg21.1%
Total Carbohydrates 20 g6.7%
Dietary Fiber 1.8 g7.3%
Sugars 0.7 g
Protein 3 g6.4%
Vitamin A 13.3% Vitamin C 8%
Calcium 4.1% Iron 4.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet