Sauce of Leeks Gruyere and Cream
|Unsalted butter||1 1⁄2 Tablespoon (20 milliliter)|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm)|
|White of leek||1 Large, thinly sliced|
|All purpose flour||45 Milliliter (3 tablespoon)|
|White pepper||To Taste|
|Milk||185 Milliliter (3/4 cup)|
|Cream||500 Milliliter (2 cups)|
|Grated gruyere cheese||250 Milliliter (1 cup)|
1) In a saucepan, saute the garlic and leek in the butter over a low heat for about 8 minutes, stirring frequently, until golden and softened.
2) Stir in the flour, season with the salt, pepper and nutmeg to taste and cook until the flour slightly changes in color.
3) Discard the garlic clove, gradually stir in the milk, stirring constantly, until smooth and thick.
4) Pour in the cream, bring to a boil, then cook over a low heat for 5 minutes.
5) Stir in the Gruyere cheese, stir continuously and cook, until the cheese is melted.
6) Turn off the heat and allow to slightly cool before serving. The sauce can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 4 days.
7) Use the Sauce of Leeks Gruyere and Cream, as required.