Miniature Vegetables With Lime And Basil
|Zucchini||16 Small (miniature, 3 inches long)|
|Carrots||16 Small (miniature, 3 inches long, with 1 inch of green tops)|
|Clarified butter||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Olive oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Walnut oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Fresh lime juice||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Chopped fresh basil leaves||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Freshly ground pepper||To Taste|
|Freshly grated parmesan cheese||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1) In a vegetable steamer, place the zucchini and carrots and steam for 5 to 7 minutes, or until crisp-tender.
2) In a heated serving platter, arrange zucchini and carrots. Loosely cover the platter with a foil to keep warm.
3) In a large nonreactive skillet, add butter, olive oil and walnut oil to heat over moderately high heat.
4) SautÃ© the tomatoes by shaking the pan, for 2 minutes, until slightly softened.
5) Use a slotted spoon, to transfer the tomatoes on the platter.
6) Lower heat to moderately low. Pour in lime juice and sprinkle basil to cook for another minute by stirring.
7) Season with salt and pepper to taste.
8) Pour the sauce over the vegetables in the serving platter and garnish with grated Parmesan cheese on top. Serve at once.