Seasonal Vegetable Medley
|Zucchini||1 , sliced lengthwise into 1/2 inch thick pieces|
|Yellow summer squash||2 , sliced lengthwise into 1/2 inch thick pieces|
|Japanese eggplant/1 medium eggplant||4 , sliced lengthwise into 1/2 inch thick pieces|
|Onion||1 , sliced lengthwise into 1/4 inch thick pieces|
|Red bell pepper||1 , sliced lengthwise into 1/2 inch thick pieces|
|Olive oil||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Dried oregano||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Dried thyme||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Dried basil||1 Tablespoon|
|Cayenne pepper||1⁄8 Teaspoon|
|Crushed fennel seeds||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Coarsely cracked black pepper||1⁄8 Teaspoon|
|Freshly squeezed lemon juice||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|For roasted vegetables|
|Cubed potatoes||1 Cup (16 tbs), 1 inch (Washed)|
|Cubed sweet potatoes/Turnips||1 Cup (16 tbs), cut into 2 inch cubes|
|Sliced carrots||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs), peeled, 1/2 inch rounds|
|Sliced parsnips||1 Cup (16 tbs), peeled, 1/2 inch rounds|
|Quartered onions||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Caraway seeds||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
1. Preheat oven to 375°F.
For grilled summer vegetables
2. Mix the seasoning ingredients; pour over vegetable slices kept in a large bowl, and toss for even coating.
3. Arrange on the grill on medium to low heat and grill for 4 minutes, turning after 2 ½ minutes. Transfer to a large bowl.
For roasted winter vegetables
4. Mix the seasoning ingredients; pour over vegetable slices kept in a large bowl, and toss for even coating.
5. Arrange on a baking sheet greased with olive oil and bake for 35 minutes or until vegetables turn golden brown, turning after 20 minutes.
6. Arrange the grilled vegetables and roasted vegetables in an attractive way in a platter and serve hot with a spicy dip.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 3288 Calories from Fat 697
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 80 g123.5%
Saturated Fat 13.4 g66.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 1005.2 mg41.9%
Total Carbohydrates 615 g205.1%
Dietary Fiber 207.9 g831.6%
Sugars 317.3 g
Protein 167 g334.7%
Vitamin A 1560.4% Vitamin C 3701.4%
Calcium 246.3% Iron 319.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet