Vegetable Hotpot With Frankfurters
|Green pepper||1 Small|
|Garlic clove||1 Large, crushed|
|Freshly ground black pepper||To Taste|
|Chicken stock cube||1 (1/2 inch cube)|
|Water||1⁄4 Pint (150 Milliliter)|
|Dry red wine||1⁄2 Pint (150 Milliliter)|
|Potatoes||2 , peeled, cubed|
|Button mushrooms||4 Ounce (100 Gram)|
|Canned sweetcorn||11 Ounce (1 Can, 312 Gram)|
|Frankfurters||8 Ounce, cut in to chunks (225 Gram)|
|Frozen peas||4 Ounce (100 Gram)|
1. Remove the seeds, pith and stalk from the green pepper and slice.
2. Peel the onion and slice.
3. Trim the celery and carrots and slice both.
4. Heat the oil in a deep frying pan or skillet, add the garlic and prepared vegetables and cook until the onion is soft. Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
5. Stir in the flour and cook, stirring continuously, for a few minutes.
6. Dissolve the chicken stock cube in the water then stir into the vegetables together with the red wine.
7. Add the potatoes, cover and simmer gently for 20-30 minutes, until the vegetables are cooked.
8. 10 minutes before the end of the cooking time, add the remaining ingredients.
9. Serve with French bread.