Stuffed Red Beets
|Nonfat yogurt||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Celery||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs), minced|
|Almonds||2 Tablespoon, finely chopped|
|Olive oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Lemon juice||1 Teaspoon|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), minced|
|Dried thyme||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Beets||4 Large, cooked|
1) Keep a cheese cloth or a coffee filter over a strainer.
2) Place it over a bowl.
3) Fill yogurt into it and allow to drain for 30 minutes.
4) Pour it in a medium bowl.
5) Add celery, almonds, oil, lemon juice, garlic, and thyme.
6) With a melon scoop or small spoon, scoop out the centers from the beets, leaving a 1/4-inch shell.
7) Reserve the shells.
8) Deice the scooped part of the beets.
9) Combine to the yogurt mixture.
10) Fill the mixture into the beet shells.
11) Serve immediately.