Red Potatoes With Gorgonzola Cream Bacon And Walnuts
|Walnut halves||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Sour cream||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Gorgonzola cheese||3 Ounce (At Room Temperature)|
|Freshly ground black pepper||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Hot pepper sauce||1⁄8 Teaspoon|
|Bacon slices||6 , cut into 1/4-inch dice|
|Small red potatoes||1 1⁄4 Pound (Around 12 In Number)|
|Olive oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Coarse kosher salt||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Minced chives||2 Tablespoon|
1. Preheat the oven to 400°. Place the walnuts on a baking sheet and roast for about 5 minutes, until fragrant and lightly toasted. Let cool, then chop coarsely and set aside.
2. In a small bowl, using a fork, combine the sour cream and Gorgonzola until well blended. Stir in 1/4 teaspoon of the black pepper and all of the hot pepper sauce. (The can be made to this point up to 1 day ahead. Store the walnuts in an airtight container at room temperature. Cover and refrigerate the Gorgonzola cream until about 30 minutes before serving.)
3. Heat a medium skillet over moderately high heat until hot. Add the bacon and cook, stirring often, until crisp and brown, 4 to 5 minutes. Using a slotted spoon, transfer the bacon to paper towels to drain. Set aside.
4. In a roasting pan, toss the potatoes with the oil, salt and the remaining 1/2 teaspoon black pepper until well coated. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes, until tender. Keep warm.
5. To serve, stir the reserved bacon and toasted walnuts into the Gorgonzola cream. Halve the potatoes lengthwise. If necessary, cut a small slice from the rounded (skin) side of the potato halves so that they can stand. Place the potato halves on a platter and dollop each one with a teaspoon of the filling. Sprinkle the chives on top and serve.