Maple Carrot Cake
|Maple syrup||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), warmed|
|Melted butter/Margarine||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Milk||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs)|
|Finely grated carrots||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (Young Ones)|
|Chopped pecans||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Whole wheat pastry flour||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|All purpose white flour||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Baking soda||1 Teaspoon|
|Ground cinnamon||1 Tablespoon (Or To Taste)|
1. Grease an 8 x 8 inch square cake pan. Heat oven to 350°F.
2. In a mixing bowl, beat eggs, adding warmed syrup slowly.
3. Stir in melted butter and milk, carrots and chopped nuts. Mix thoroughly.
4. Sift together both flours, the salt, soda and cinnamon. (Use 2 teaspoons cinnamon at first, then taste. Add extra teaspoonful to completed dough if you wish.)
5. Fold dry ingredients into the carrot mixture. Stir lightly to mix.
6. Turn mixture into prepared pan, and bake for 1 hour.
7. Cool in the pan.
8. If you wish, you can top the cake with Lemon Glaze.