Okara And Vegetable Melange
|Okara||9 Ounce (Fresh 250 Grams/11/2 Cup)|
|Dried shiitake mushrooms||3|
|Carrot piece||1 Small (3-Inch Piece)|
|Ground pork||4 Ounce (115 Grams)|
|Simmering liquid||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Secondary bonito stock||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Soy sauce||3 Tablespoon|
1. Soak mushrooms in warm water until soft (about 1 hour), keeping them submerged by covering with drop-lid, flat pan lid, or saucer.
2. Peel carrot. Sliver carrots as if sharpening a pencil. Slivers should be thin, irregular, and about 1 inch (2 1/2 cm) long. Slice green beans and mushrooms (discard stems) into thin strips.
3. Place okara in colander and rinse under cold running water. Wrap in cheesecloth and squeeze out excess moisture. Saute in hot oil, stirring constantly, until okara is dry (about 5 minutes). Remove from heat. (If okara is refrigerated at this stage, it keeps 5 to 7 days.)
4. Combine SIMMERING LIQUID and bring to a boil over medium heat. Add vegetables and ground pork. Cook until vegetables are tender.
5. Add okara. Continue cooking, stirring constantly, until liquid is almost absorbed. Final result should be crumbly and moist. It should not be too dry. Serve at room temperature.