|Carrot||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Turnip||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Cabbage||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), shredded|
|Leek||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), chopped|
|Celery||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped|
|Onion||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), chopped|
|Chicken bouillon cubes||4|
|Chopped parsley||1 Tablespoon (For Garnish)|
1) Take a medium saucepan and melt butter in it.
2) Add vegetables, sugar and seasonings.
3) Cover and cook over low heat for about 5 minutes or until vegetables become tender.
4) Take 1 quart of boiling water and dissolve bouillon cubes in it.
5) Add to the cooked vegetables.
6) Simmer for about 30 minutes.
7) Strain the broth.
8) Garnish with parsley and serve Vegetable Consommé hot.