Perfect Baked Potatoes
|Baking potatoes||2 1⁄2 Pound|
1) Preheat oven to 425F.
2) Scrub potatoes well under cold running water.
3) On paper towels, dry the potatoes thoroughly.
4) Using fork, prick skins over entire surface.
5) Brush potatoes with salad oil if you like skins soft after baking.
6) Right on oven rack, place the potatoes and bake 50 to 60 minutes, or until they fork-tender or feel soft when squeezed.
7) Slash an X in top of each potato.
8) Then, using pot holder, hold the potato and squeeze ends so steam can escape and potato fluffs up.
9) Add a pat of butter to each; sprinkle with salt, pepper, and paprika.
Or top with sour cream and bacon or green onion.
10) Serve the baked potatoes alone or accompany with fried steaks and grilled fish.