Orange-Glazed Sweet Potatoes
|Sweet potatoes/Yams||3 Pound|
|Boiling water||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Light brown sugar||4 Tablespoon|
|Grated orange peel||2 Teaspoon|
|Orange juice||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Butter/Margarine||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
1) Wash yams.
2) Grease a 12-by-8-by-2-inch baking dish.
1) In a large saucepan, place the sweet potatoes.
2) Cover with boiling water; add 1 teaspoon salt.
3) Boil the potatoes; lower the heat, cover and simmer for 35 to 40 minutes, or until tender.
4) Drain potatoes; let cool.
5) Peel them; slice crosswise into 1/4-inch-thick slices.
6) Meanwhile, preheat over to 350F.
7) In prepared dish, arrange half of potatoes, in a single layer, overlapping slightly.
8) Sprinkle with 1/2 teaspoon salt, dash pepper, 2 tablespoons brown sugar, and 1 teaspoon orange peel.
9) Repeat layering with rest of potatoes, salt, pepper, brown sugar, and orange peel.
10) Pour over orange juice.
11) Cover dish with foil; bake 30 minutes, or until potatoes are bubbly; baste occasionally.
12) Remove cover.
13) Dot potatoes with butter; bake, uncovered and basting occasionally, 30 minutes longer.
14) Serve the orange glazed sweet potatoes as scrumptious side dish.