Candied Sweet Potatoes
|Canned sweet potatoes in syrup||1 Can (10 oz)|
|Sweet potatoes in syrup||1 Can (10 oz) (Taylor'S)|
|Sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Cinnamon stick piece||1|
|Lemon||1⁄2 , juiced and peeled|
1. Drain the sweet potatoes and pour the syrup into a saucepan.
2. Preheat the broiler on high just before serving.
3. To the syrup add the remaining ingredients except the sweet potato.
4. Boil the syrup for 5 minutes, to thicken it.
5. In a baking dish or casserole, layer the sweet potatoes.
6. Dot them with butter then pour the syrup over them.
7. Place the dish under a broiler for a few minutes until potatoes are heated and lightly caramelized and glazed.
8. These candied sweet potatoes taste best when served warm but can also be served cold if you like.