Candied Sweet Potatoes
|Canned sweet potatoes in syrup||1 Can (10 oz)|
|Sweet potatoes in syrup||1 Can (10 oz) (Taylor'S)|
|Sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Cinnamon stick piece||1|
|Lemon||1⁄2 , juiced and peeled|
1. Drain the sweet potatoes and pour the syrup into a saucepan.
2. Preheat the broiler on high just before serving.
3. To the syrup add the remaining ingredients except the sweet potato.
4. Boil the syrup for 5 minutes, to thicken it.
5. In a baking dish or casserole, layer the sweet potatoes.
6. Dot them with butter then pour the syrup over them.
7. Place the dish under a broiler for a few minutes until potatoes are heated and lightly caramelized and glazed.
8. These candied sweet potatoes taste best when served warm but can also be served cold if you like.
Calories 278 Calories from Fat 55
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 6 g9.6%
Saturated Fat 3.9 g19.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 16.1 mg5.4%
Sodium 67.5 mg2.8%
Total Carbohydrates 56 g18.6%
Dietary Fiber 2.7 g10.8%
Sugars 39 g
Protein 2 g3.1%
Vitamin A 127.1% Vitamin C 15.5%
Calcium 3.3% Iron 5.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet