Sukiyak (To Be Cooked At Table)
|Boneless sirloin steak||2 Pound, sliced 1/8 inch thick|
|Green onions||2 Bunch (200 gm)|
|Bamboo shoots||5 Ounce (Drained)|
|Cabbage head||1⁄2 Small|
|Shoyu sauce/Soy sauce||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Beef bouillon cubes||2 (Dissolved In 1 1/2 Cups)|
|Boiling water||500 Milliliter|
|Monosodium glutamate||1 Teaspoon|
|Beef suet/Shortening||1⁄4 Pound|
|Cooked white rice||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
1. Cut beef into 2-inch strips.
2. Preheat electric skillet to 350F.
To Prepare vegetables:
3. Peel onions and slice very thin.
4. Diagonally slice green onions and tops into 1-inch pieces.
5. Slice mushrooms and bamboo shoots 1/4 inch thick.
6. Cut spinach in 1-inch strips and shred cabbage.
7. On a large serving platter arrange all these ingredients and the shirataki attractively.
8. In small saucepan, heat combining shoyu, sugar, bouillon and monosodium glutamate stirring, until sugar is dissolved.
9. Fry suet in skillet to lubricate pan and remove.
10. Add onion and green onion slices, saute, stirring occasionally, until golden.
11. Add remaining vegetables and shirataki.
12. Cover with beef strips, overlapping if necessary.
13. Pour on sauce mixture and simmer, uncovered, 10 minutes.
14. Turn meat and simmer just until vegetables are tender—about 5 minutes.
15. Serve at once, with hot rice.