Skewered Vegetables Deluxe
|New potatoes||8 Small|
|Fresh mushrooms||12 Large|
|Shredded parmesan cheese||2 Tablespoon|
|Lemon juice||1 Tablespoon|
|Crumbled basil||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
1. Season 4 wooden skewers by soaking in lukewarm water for 15 to 20 minutes.
2. Wash and peel potatoes. Place in a bowl of water.
3. Trim zucchini ends the slice diagonally, 3/4-inch thick.
4. Wipe and trim mushrooms.
5. In a small bowl, combine lemon juice, salt, basil and paprika.
6. In a large saucepan bring salted water to a boil.
7. Add potatoes and boil for about 12-15 minutes until almost done but not completely tender.
8. Add zucchini slices to the pan and blanch for not more then 3 minutes.
9. Add mushrooms to the boiling water during last minute of cooking the vegetables.
10. Drain the vegetables in a colander and let stand to drain.
11. On the seasoned skewers, alternately skewer the vegetables, dividing equally.
12. Prepare the grill or a broiler.
13. Brush the vegetables with oil and arrange on hot grill or broiler rack.
14. Grill for 3-4 minutes, turning and brushing with the seasoning- lemon juice mixture.
15. When vegetables are lightly charred, sprinkle cheese on the kabobs let melt then remove and serve immediately.
16. Serve hot as a side dish with grills or steaks.