Vegetable Cheese Lasagna
|Margarine||1 1⁄3 Tablespoon (Use 1 Tablespoon Plus 1 Teaspoon)|
|Thinly sliced mushrooms||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Mushrooms||3 Cup (48 tbs), thinly sliced|
|Olive oil||1 1⁄3 Tablespoon (Use 1 Tablespoon Plus 1 Teaspoon)|
|Chopped onions||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Garlic||6 Clove (30 gm), minced|
|Tomato sauce||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Canned italian tomatoes||1 Cup (16 tbs), drain and dice tomatoes, reserving liquid (With Liquid)|
|Canned italian tomatoes||1 Cup (16 tbs), drained and diced, reserving liquid (With Liquid)|
|Salt||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon, divided|
|Oregano leaves||1 Teaspoon|
|Basil leaves||1 Teaspoon|
|Pepper||1⁄2 Teaspoon, divided|
|Frozen chopped spinach package||20 Ounce, thawed and well drained to make about 2 cups (2 Packages, 10 Ounce Each)|
|Frozen spinach package||20 Ounce, chopped, thawed and well drained to make about 2 cups (2 Packages, 10 Ounce Each)|
|Part skim ricotta cheese||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Egg||1 , beaten|
|Lasagna macaroni||8 Ounce, cooked according to package directions (12 X 3-Inch Pieces)|
|Uncooked lasagna macaroni||8 Ounce, cooked according to package directions (12 X 3-Inch Pieces)|
|Shredded monterey jack cheese||11 Ounce, divided|
1) Preheat oven to 350°F.
2) In a 10-inch skillet, saute the mushrooms in the margarine over a medium heat for 2 to 3 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the mushrooms are lightly browned and thoroughly cooked, keep aside.
3) In a 3-quart saucepan, saute the onions and garlic in oil over a medium heat for 1 to 2 minutes until the onions are softened.
4) Stir in the tomato sauce, tomatoes, 1/2 teaspoon salt, oregano, basil, 1/4 teaspoon pepper and bay leaf, mix well.
5) Simmer covered over a low heat for 25 to 30 minutes, stirring occasionally, remove and discard bay leaf.
6) In a medium mixing bowl, mix the spinach, ricotta cheese, egg, 3/4 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper together.
7) In a 13 x 9 x 2-inch baking dish, spread 1/2 cup tomato mixture at the bottom, arrange 1/2 lasagna macaroni lengthwise, slightly overlapping edges.
8) Spread 1/2 spinach mixture evenly over the macaroni and top with 1/2 mushrooms, then spread 1/2 cup tomato mixture and sprinkle with 1/2 Monterey Jack cheese.
9) Arrange rest of the macaroni crosswise, then spread rest of the spinach mixture, top with rest of the mushrooms, tomato mixture and Monterey Jack cheese.
10) Bake in the preheated oven for 40 to 50 minutes until the lasagna is thoroughly cooked and cheese is lightly browned.
11) Serve immediately on individual serving plates.
Calories 1131 Calories from Fat 407
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 46 g71%
Saturated Fat 21.9 g109.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 159.8 mg53.3%
Sodium 1762 mg73.4%
Total Carbohydrates 125 g41.7%
Dietary Fiber 16 g63.8%
Sugars 11.3 g
Protein 63 g125.2%
Vitamin A 603.8% Vitamin C 151.4%
Calcium 129.8% Iron 72.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet