Sweet Potato Cheesecake
|Tofu||1 Pound (450 Gram)|
|Maple syrup||60 Milliliter (1/4 Cup)|
|Orange rind||1 Teaspoon, finely grated|
|Vanilla extract||1 Teaspoon|
|Sweet potatoes||250 Milliliter, cooked, with skins (1 Cup)|
|Yogurt||125 Milliliter (1/2 Cup)|
|Cottage cheese||125 Milliliter (1/2 Cup)|
|Orange juice||30 Milliliter (2 Tablespoons)|
|Walnuts||60 Milliliter, chopped (1/4 Cup)|
|Wheat germ||60 Milliliter (1/4 Cup)|
|Orange slices||60 Milliliter (1/4 Cup)|
1) Preheat oven hot to 350°F (75°C.)
2) In a blender add one-half of tofu, egg, maple syrup, orange rind and vanilla. Process on low speed.
3) Transfer the mixture into a large bowl.
4) Add the remaining tofu and egg white. Blend till smooth.
5) Add it to the first tofu mixture and mix well.
6) Add sweet potatoes, yogurt, cottage cheese, and juice. Blend together.
7) Mix tofu mixture and nuts. Mix by hands.
8) Grease a 9-inch (23-cm) springform pan lightly with oil.
9) Sprinkle wheat germ and bran over it.
10) In a pan transfer the cheesecake batter and bake in oven.
11) Bake for 35 to 40 minutes until firm.
12) Turn off heat, open oven door and let the cheesecake cool a bit before removing.
13) Let cheesecake reach room temperature.
14) Chill in refrigerator for at least six hours before serving.
15) To serve, loosen the sides of cake from pan.
16) Remove the rim and garnish with orange slices.
Calories 288 Calories from Fat 100
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 12 g17.9%
Saturated Fat 2 g9.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 40 mg13.3%
Sodium 130.9 mg5.5%
Total Carbohydrates 35 g11.6%
Dietary Fiber 3.4 g13.7%
Sugars 17.6 g
Protein 13 g25.9%
Vitamin A 120.1% Vitamin C 8.1%
Calcium 10.7% Iron 11.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet