Prize Carrot Cake
|White sugar||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Vegetable oil||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|All purpose flour||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Baking soda||2 Teaspoon|
|Carrots||2 Cup (32 tbs), shredded|
|Coconut||2 Cup (32 tbs), flaked|
|Canned pineapple||8 Ounce, crushed, drained (1 Can)|
|Walnuts/Pecans||1 Cup (16 tbs), chopped|
|Cream cheese||6 Ounce (Room Temperature)|
|Soft butter||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Milk||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Icing sugar||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
1) Preheat the oven to 350°F.
2) Lightly grease a 9 X 13" baking pan or a tube pan.
3) In a large bowl, mix together sugar, oil, eggs and vanilla. Stir them together using a wooden spoon.
4) Add in flour, cinnamon, baking soda and salt. Mix all well before folding in the carrots, flaked coconut, chopped nuts and crushed pineapple.
5) Pour the batter into the baking dish and bake for about 50 minutes.
6) Let the cake down to room temperature.
7) Using an electric blender, whip the mixture of cheese, butter, milk and a pinch of salt. Add in the icing sugar, enough to get a spreadable consistency.
8) Decorate the Prize Carrot Cake with the prepared frosting and serve.