Tomatoes With A Spinach And Tofu Stuffing
|Almonds||1 Tablespoon, flaked|
|Spinach||12 Ounce, stalks removed, leaves washed and finely shredded (350 Gram)|
|Beef tomatoes||1 Pound (2 Mos, About 500 G)|
|Tofu||2 Ounce, smoked (60 Gram)|
|Parmesan cheese||1 Tablespoon, grated|
|Wholemeal breadcrumbs||2 Tablespoon|
|Basil/1/2 tsp dried basil||2 Teaspoon, finely shredded|
|Black pepper||To Taste, freshly ground|
|Virgin olive oil||1 Tablespoon|
1) Halve tomatoes horizontally, scoop out seeds with a spoon and discard the seeds.
2) With a sharp knife, cut out and reserve the tomato pulp.
3) Cut 1 tablespoon of the pulp to bite size pieces. Keep aside. Reserve the rest for later use.
4) In a heavy frying pan add almonds. Toss over high heat for about 1 minute.
5) In a bowl add shredded spinach leaves and cover loosely with plastic film or with a lid.
6) Microwave on high for 3 minutes.
7) Put the cooked spinach to a colander to drain thoroughly.
8) Press the leaves to squeeze out the liquid.
9) Make the stuffing in a bowl. Add finely chopped tofu, spinach, tomato pulp, Parmesan cheese, breadcrumbs, basil and some freshly ground pepper. Combine together.
10) Mix salt and pepper and rub on the hollowed-out tomatoes.
11) With a spoon, press the mixture inside them.
12) Drizzle some olive oil over the top of each tomato.
13) On a serving dish arrange the stuffed tomatoes.
14) Microwave on medium low for 5 minutes.
15) Turn each tomato and microwave on low for 3 to 5 minutes.
16) Decorate with toasted almond flakes on top and serve hot.