Chicken Vegetable Stir Fry
|Vegetable oil||1 Tablespoon, divided|
|Chicken breasts||10 Ounce, skinned and boned, cut into 2 x 3/4-inch strips|
|Celery||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), sliced|
|Carrot||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), thinly sliced|
|Broccoli||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), minced|
|Ginger root||1⁄2 Teaspoon, minced, pared|
|Mushrooms||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), sliced|
|Scallions||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), sliced for 1-inch-long pieces (Green Onions)|
|Chinese cabbage||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped|
|Bean sprouts||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Canned water chestnuts||3 Ounce, drained|
|Ready to serve chicken broth||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Reduced sodium soy sauce||2 Tablespoon|
1) In a wok or 10 inch skillet, stir-fry the chicken in 1/2 teaspoons oil over a high heat for 2 to 3 minutes until lightly browned on all sides, keep aside.
2) In the same skillet, stir-fry the celery, carrot, broccoli, garlic and ginger in 1/2 teaspoons oil for 2 to 3 minutes until the vegetables are just tender.
3) Stir in the mushrooms and scallions, stir-fry for another 1 to 2 minutes.
4) Stir in the cabbage, bean sprouts and water chestnuts and stir-fry for another 1 to 2 minutes.
5) In a bowl, stir the broth and cornstarch until the cornstarch is dissolved.
6) Stir into the vegetable mixture alongwith the soy sauce and cook for 2 to 3 minutes, stirring constantly, until the sauce is thickened,.
7) Return the chicken into the skillet and cook for another 1 minute until the chicken is thoroughly heated.
8) Serve immediately on individual serving plates.