Chicken Vegetable Stir Fry
|Vegetable oil||1 Tablespoon, divided|
|Chicken breasts||10 Ounce, skinned and boned, cut into 2 x 3/4-inch strips|
|Celery||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), sliced|
|Carrot||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), thinly sliced|
|Broccoli||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), minced|
|Ginger root||1⁄2 Teaspoon, minced, pared|
|Mushrooms||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), sliced|
|Scallions||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), sliced for 1-inch-long pieces (Green Onions)|
|Chinese cabbage||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped|
|Bean sprouts||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Canned water chestnuts||3 Ounce, drained|
|Ready to serve chicken broth||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Reduced sodium soy sauce||2 Tablespoon|
1) In a wok or 10 inch skillet, stir-fry the chicken in 1/2 teaspoons oil over a high heat for 2 to 3 minutes until lightly browned on all sides, keep aside.
2) In the same skillet, stir-fry the celery, carrot, broccoli, garlic and ginger in 1/2 teaspoons oil for 2 to 3 minutes until the vegetables are just tender.
3) Stir in the mushrooms and scallions, stir-fry for another 1 to 2 minutes.
4) Stir in the cabbage, bean sprouts and water chestnuts and stir-fry for another 1 to 2 minutes.
5) In a bowl, stir the broth and cornstarch until the cornstarch is dissolved.
6) Stir into the vegetable mixture alongwith the soy sauce and cook for 2 to 3 minutes, stirring constantly, until the sauce is thickened,.
7) Return the chicken into the skillet and cook for another 1 minute until the chicken is thoroughly heated.
8) Serve immediately on individual serving plates.
Calories 171 Calories from Fat 43
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 5 g7.5%
Saturated Fat 0.76 g3.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 41.1 mg13.7%
Sodium 416.2 mg17.3%
Total Carbohydrates 12 g4.1%
Dietary Fiber 2.4 g9.4%
Sugars 2.8 g
Protein 19 g38.4%
Vitamin A 68.3% Vitamin C 51.3%
Calcium 5.4% Iron 8.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet