Grilled Porterhouse Steaks with Thyme and Baked Potato Skins
|For the potato skins:|
|Russet potatoes||2 Large|
|Black pepper||To Taste|
|Freshly ground black pepper||To Taste|
|Butter||1 Tablespoon, melted|
|For the steaks:|
|Porterhouse steak||64 Ounce (4, 16 Ounce Each)|
|Olive oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Thyme||1 Tablespoon, minced|
|Cayenne||1⁄2 Teaspoon (Or To Taste)|
|Minced fresh thyme||1 Tablespoon|
1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
2. Prepare the grill or broiler for cooking.
3. Oil steaks and season both sides with salt and cayenne.
4. Sprinkle thyme and press into the meat to coat.
5. In a baking dish, place potatoes and bake for 1 hour until cooked through.
6. Remove from the oven and let it cool.
7. Lengthwise cut the potato into half and scoop out the flesh; reserve flesh for other recipes.
8. Cut the potato skins into wedges, season with salt and pepper, and drizzle with the melted butter.
9. On a baking sheet, place the potato wedges and bake for about 10 minutes until crisp and golden brown.
10. On the hot grill, place the seasoned steaks and cook for 5-6 minutes per side for medium-rare or 7 to 8 minutes for medium.
11. On warm serving plates, place grilled steak alongside the baked potato skins.
12. Serve immediately.
Calories 1232 Calories from Fat 740
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 82 g126.6%
Saturated Fat 32 g160%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 278 mg92.7%
Sodium 362.5 mg15.1%
Total Carbohydrates 16 g5.3%
Dietary Fiber 2.3 g9.3%
Sugars 0.5 g
Protein 102 g204.1%
Vitamin A 14.2% Vitamin C 28%
Calcium 7.3% Iron 65.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet