Pan Seared Strip Steaks with Chipotle Butter and Twice Baked Potatoes
|For the twice-baked potatoes:|
|Soft goat cheese||8 Ounce|
|Thinly sliced scallions||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Canned chipotle chiles||2 Tablespoon, pureed|
|Milk/Low fat milk||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Freshly ground white pepper||To Taste|
|For the chipotle butter:|
|Butter||8 Tablespoon (1 Stick)|
|Canned chipotle chile in adobo sauce||1|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm)|
|Chopped red onions||2 Tablespoon|
|For the steaks:|
|Boneless steak||60 Ounce, strips (6, 10 Ounce Each)|
|Ground cumin||2 Tablespoon|
|Freshly ground black pepper||To Taste|
|Olive oil||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1. Preheat the oven to 400 Â°F.
2. In a food processor, pulse together all the ingredients for the chipotle butter until completely incorporated.
3. Pour the chipotle butter onto a long sheet of parchment or wax paper and shape the mixture into a cylinder about 1 inch in diameter.
4. Place the cylindrical shape chipotle butter along the long side of the paper.
5. Leave about a 1-inch border between the butter and the edge of the paper.
6. Roll up the butter in the paper to form a log and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes. ( It can be refrigerated for up to 3 days)
7. Just before cooking the steaks, season with ground cumin, salt, and pepper.
8. In a foil sheet, wrap the potatoes and bake in oven for 1 hour until tender.
9. Unwrap and let the potatoes cool to room temperature.
10. When they are cool enough to handle, chop the ends by 1/4 inch and hollow them carefully leaving the skin intact.
11. In a mixing bowl, place the pulp and add goat cheese, scallions, and chipotle puree; mash and mix.
12. In a small saucepan, heat butter and milk until hot and the butter has melted.
13. Pour the melted butter mixture into the potato-cheese mixture and season with salt and pepper; mix well.
14. Stuff the potato skins with the potato mixture.
15. On a baking sheet, place the stuffed potatoes and bake for 5 minutes until hot.
16. In a heavy cast-iron skillet, heat oil over high heat until the oil begins to smoke.
17. Add the seasoned steaks and sear for about 4 minutes on each side.
18. Cook 1 or 2 minutes longer on each side for medium- rare
19. In a warm serving plate, center the steaks.
20. Slice the log of butter into 6 slices.
21. Place 1 slices of the butter on each of the steaks.
22. Serve immediately with a baked stuffed potato.
Calories 1122 Calories from Fat 709
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 80 g122.4%
Saturated Fat 33.2 g166%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 195.5 mg65.2%
Sodium 443.6 mg18.5%
Total Carbohydrates 31 g10.4%
Dietary Fiber 2.5 g9.9%
Sugars 3 g
Protein 69 g137.7%
Vitamin A 32.3% Vitamin C 23.5%
Calcium 20.2% Iron 43.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet