Carrot and Ginger Cake
|Butter||1 Teaspoon (For Greasing)|
|All-purpose flour||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Baking soda||1 Teaspoon|
|Baking powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Ground ginger||2 Teaspoon|
|Light muscovado sugar||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs) (Use A Generous 3/4 Cup)|
|Carrots||8 Ounce, grated (225 Gram)|
|Ginger pieces||2 , preserved, chopped|
|Grated fresh ginger root||1 Ounce (25 Gram)|
|Seedless raisins||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Eggs||2 , beaten|
|Corn oil||3 Tablespoon|
|Orange juice||3 1⁄2 Fluid Ounce (Extracted From 1 Fruit)|
|Low fat soft cheese||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Confectioners sugar||4 Tablespoon|
|Vanilla extract||1 Teaspoon|
|Grated carrot||3 Tablespoon|
|Finely chopped preserved ginger||1 Tablespoon|
|Ground ginger||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
1) Preheat the oven to 350Â°F/180Â°C.
2) Grease or line an 8-inch/20-cm round cake pan with parchment paper.
3) In a large bowl, Sift together flour, baking soda, baking powder, ground ginger, and salt.
4) Stir in the raisins, carrots, preserved ginger, gingerroot, and sugar.
5) Beat the eggs, orange juice and oil together, then pour into the bowl and mix well.
6) Spoon the mixture in greased pan and bake in heated oven for 1-1 1/4 hours, or until firm to the touch, or a skewer inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean.
7) Let the cake cool completely.
8) Make the frosting by beating the cheese until soft.
9) Sift in the sugar and add the vanilla extract and mix well.
10) Remove the cake from the pan and smooth the frosting over it.
11) serve the cake with the decoration of preserved ginger, grated carrot and ground ginger.