Filled Baked Potatoes
|Baking potatoes||4 Large (Or 8 Medium Ones)|
|For mexican corn relish|
|Canned corn||8 Ounce, drained (1 Can)|
|Red bell pepper||1⁄2 , cored, deseeded, and finely chopped|
|English cucumber||1⁄2 , finely chopped (1/2 Of A 2 Inch Piece)|
|Chili powder||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|For blue cheese, celery & chive filling|
|Cream cheese||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Natural fromage frais||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Blue cheese||4 Ounce, cut into cubes|
|Stalk celery||1 , finely chopped|
|Snipped fresh chives||2 Teaspoon|
|For mushrooms in spicy tomato sauce|
|Button mushrooms||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Natural yogurt||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs)|
|Tomato paste||1 Tablespoon|
|Mild curry powder||2 Teaspoon|
|Paprika powder/Chili powder||1 Pinch|
|Fresh herbs||1 Ounce, chopped (For Garnish)|
1. Wash the potatoes and scrub off all the grit using a brush but being careful not to tear the skin.
2. With a fork, prick the potatoes all over to allow even cooking.
3. Preheat the oven to 400Â°F
4. Place the potatoes in a roasting pan and place in the preheated oven.
5. Bake them for about 1 hour, until a fork pierces easily all the way through.
6. In the meantime, make the Mexican Corn Relish by grinding half the corn in the food processor or chopping it with a large knife.
7. Combine the ground corn with the other half whole corn in a bowl.
8. Add the remaining relish ingredients to the bowl and mix well. Keep aside to allow the flavors to blend.
9. In another bowl, make the Blue Cheese, Celery & Chive Filling by whisking the cream cheese and fromage frais until smooth and creamy.
10. Add remaining ingredients for the filling to the bowl and blend into the cheese mixture. Keep aside or refrigerate until ready to serve.
11. To make the Mushrooms in Spicy Tomato Sauce take a small heavy saucepan and melt the butter or margarine in it over a medium flame.
12. Add the mushrooms and sautÃ© them for about 4 minutes until they are soft and dry.
13. Take pan off the heat and add the remaining sauce ingredients and stir well until blended. Keep warm on the barbecue.
14. Once the potatoes are baked, wrap each one individually in foil, and keep warm on one side of the barbecue.
15. To serve, unwrap the potatoes, make a slit and spoon the relish, cheese filling or sauce as preferred. Or allow the guests to help themselves by placing the bowl on the table.
16. Sprinkle with paprika or chili powder and garnish with herbs.
17. Serve hot, in the foil.