Carrot Yogurt Cake
|Carrots||250 Milliliter, grated (1 Cup)|
|Yogurt||250 Milliliter (1 Cup)|
|Orange juice||125 Milliliter (1/2 Cup)|
|Medium unsulfured molasses||125 Milliliter (1/2 Cup)|
|Raisins||125 Milliliter (1/2 Cup)|
|Sunflower seeds||125 Milliliter (1/2 Cup)|
|Sunflower oil||60 Milliliter (1/4 Cup)|
|Eggs||2 , beaten|
|Vanilla extract||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Whole wheat pastry flour||500 Milliliter (2 Cups)|
|Wheat germ||125 Milliliter (1/2 Cup)|
|Bran||125 Milliliter (1/2 Cup)|
|Baking soda||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
1. Preheat oven to 325Â° F.
2. In a large mixing bowl, put together carrots, yogurt, orange juice, molasses, raisins, sunflower seeds, oil, eggs and vanilla; beat until well combined.
3. In a medium bowl, put together flour, wheat germ, bran, baking soda, cinnamon and nutmeg; mix well.
4. Gradually add the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients and mix until well blended.
5. Grease an 8 X 8-inch (20 X 20-cm) baking pan lightly with oil.
6. In the greased pan, pour the batter and bake for about 1 hour.
7. Serve hot.