Candied Sweet Potatoes
|Light brown sugar||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Light corn syrup||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Butter/Margarine||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Sweet potatoes/17 ounce vacuum-pack sweet potatoes||6|
1) Prepare all the ingredients.
2) In large, heavy saucepan or Dutch oven, place sugar with corn syrup, butter, and salt; mix well.
3) Boil the mixture over low heat, stirring until butter melts and sugar is dissolved.
4) Lower the heat; add sweet potatoes, arranging in a single layer.
5) Baste the sweet potatoes well with syrup; cover the pan and cook over very low heat, turning once, 15 minutes.
6) Remove cover; cook, basting occasionally, 15 minutes longer, or until potatoes are well glazed.
7) Serve at once as side dish.