Candied Sweet Potatoes
|Light brown sugar||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Light corn syrup||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Butter/Margarine||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Sweet potatoes/17 ounce vacuum-pack sweet potatoes||6|
1) Prepare all the ingredients.
2) In large, heavy saucepan or Dutch oven, place sugar with corn syrup, butter, and salt; mix well.
3) Boil the mixture over low heat, stirring until butter melts and sugar is dissolved.
4) Lower the heat; add sweet potatoes, arranging in a single layer.
5) Baste the sweet potatoes well with syrup; cover the pan and cook over very low heat, turning once, 15 minutes.
6) Remove cover; cook, basting occasionally, 15 minutes longer, or until potatoes are well glazed.
7) Serve at once as side dish.
Calories 370 Calories from Fat 68
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 8 g11.9%
Saturated Fat 4.8 g24.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 20.2 mg6.7%
Sodium 181.9 mg7.6%
Total Carbohydrates 77 g25.7%
Dietary Fiber 4.5 g18%
Sugars 38.9 g
Protein 2 g4.9%
Vitamin A 430.2% Vitamin C 6%
Calcium 5.1% Iron 5.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet