Parsnips Orange Flavored
|Parsnips||6 Large, peeled and cut in thin sticks|
|Water||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Orange juice||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
1. In a slow cooker or crock pot, place the parsnips.
2. Season them with salt.
3. Pour over water.
4. Cover the pot with its lid
5. Cook the parsnips on HIGH for about 3 hours or if you are not in a hurry, cook on LOW for about 6 hours, until tender
6. Drain the cooking liquid and transfer the parsnips onto a serving platter or into a dish. Keep warm
7. In a small saucepan, melt the butter over a medium flame.
8. Stir in the orange juice and honey.
9. When the sauce comes to a boil and is slightly thickened, pour over the parsnips.
10. These glazed parsnips should be served warm and make a wonderful side dish to roasts or grills.