Fresh Vegetable Medley
|Broccoli||1 Pound, cut in thin stalks|
|Cauliflower head||1 Pound, cut in flowerets (1 Small Head)|
|Zucchini||1 Large, sliced inch thick|
|Crookneck squash||1 Large, sliced 1/4 inch thick|
|Pattypan squash||1 Large, sliced 1/4 inch thick|
|Fresh mushrooms||6 , cleaned and cut in half|
|Sweet red pepper||1 Medium, cut into strips|
|Sweet green pepper||1 Medium, cut into strips|
|Butter||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Garlic salt||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
1) On a large glass serving platter or in a 2-quart glass baking dish, arrange the broccoli around the edges.
2) Place the cauliflower next to broccoli, then the squash, mushrooms, and peppers alternately near the middle of the dish.
3) In a 1-cup glass measure, mix the butter, garlic salt and pepper together, then heat for 30 to 45 seconds and drizzle butter over the vegetables.
4) Cook, covered for 15 to 20 minutes or until the vegetables are tender, rotating the dish 1/4 turn every 5 minutes.
5) Then allow to rest, covered for 5 minutes.
6) Serve immediately on individual serving plates.