Tomato Corn Relish
|Corn cut off the cob/16-ounce can corn kernels||2 Cup (32 tbs) (Fresh, 7 To 8 Ears)|
|Ripe tomatoes/28-ounce can whole tomatoes, drained, seeded, and chopped into 1/4-inch dice||2 Pound, peeled, seeded, and juiced|
|Chopped onions||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Diced sweet red pepper||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Fresh lemon juice||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Sugar||2 Teaspoon (To Taste)|
|Fresh jalapeno pepper||1 , seeded and finely chopped|
|Chopped fresh coriander/Italian parsley||2 Tablespoon|
|Ground cumin||1⁄2 Teaspoon (To Taste)|
|Freshly ground black pepper||To Taste|
1. In a large ceramic bowl, combine all the ingredients and toss well to mix thoroughly.
2. Cover and refrigerate for at least 4 hours or preferably overnight until the flavors are well blended and relish is chilled.
3. Stir the relish a few times while in the refrigerator.
4. Taste and add more seasonings if required.
5. Spoon into a bowl and serve chilled or at room temperatue.