|Leeks||6 Medium, thoroughly washed, white portion and some green, cut into halves lengthwise|
|Granulated sugar||2 Teaspoon|
|Pickling spice||2 Teaspoon|
|Apple cider vinegar||2 Teaspoon|
|Lemon juice||2 Teaspoon|
1. In an 8 X 8 X 2-inch microwavable baking dish, place leeks at the bottom of the dish in a single layer.
2. Add 3/4 cup water and cook covered on High for 10 minutes until tender.
3. Drain and save 1/4 cup of cooking liquid.
4. In a small mixing bowl, blend the remaining ingredients with the reserved cooking liquid.
5. Pour the liquid mixture over leeks.
6. Cover the bowl and let it marinate for at least 1 hour or overnight in the fridge.
7. Serve alone or with meat.