|White onions||20 Small|
1. In a saucepan cook onions and turnips separately in 1 inch boiling salted water just until tender—15 to 25 minutes for onions for about 10 minutes for turnips and drain each well.
2. In a large skillet heat 1 tablespoon butter add onions and sprinkle with 1 teaspoon sugar.
3. Cook over medium heat, shaking pan often, until onions are golden and glazed—about 5 minutes.
4. Turn into bowl and keep warm.
5. Heat remaining butter in same skillet add turnips and sprinkle with 1 teaspoon sugar.
6. Cook until golden and glazed.
7. Keep warm and serve with garnish as desired.
Calories 372 Calories from Fat 60
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 7 g10.6%
Saturated Fat 4.2 g20.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 16.1 mg5.4%
Sodium 110 mg4.6%
Total Carbohydrates 74 g24.8%
Dietary Fiber 13.8 g55.4%
Sugars 36.2 g
Protein 9 g17.4%
Vitamin A 4% Vitamin C 127.2%
Calcium 19.6% Iron 10%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet