|White onions||20 Small|
1. In a saucepan cook onions and turnips separately in 1 inch boiling salted water just until tender—15 to 25 minutes for onions for about 10 minutes for turnips and drain each well.
2. In a large skillet heat 1 tablespoon butter add onions and sprinkle with 1 teaspoon sugar.
3. Cook over medium heat, shaking pan often, until onions are golden and glazed—about 5 minutes.
4. Turn into bowl and keep warm.
5. Heat remaining butter in same skillet add turnips and sprinkle with 1 teaspoon sugar.
6. Cook until golden and glazed.
7. Keep warm and serve with garnish as desired.