Mock Pot Roast With Vegetables
|Meat loaf mixture||2 Pound (Ground Beef,Pork, And Veal)|
|Quick cooking rolled oats||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Catsup||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Prepared horseradish||1 Tablespoon|
|Dry mustard||1 Teaspoon|
|Bottled gravy coloring||1 Teaspoon|
|Carrots||8 Small, pared|
|Potatoes||8 Small, pared|
|White onions||16 Small, peeled|
|Frozen peas||10 Ounce (1 Package)|
1) Preheat oven to 375°F before baking.
2) Cut carrots into half lengthwise.
3) In a shallow baking pan, figure a well-blended mixture of meat-loaf mixture, rolled oats, eggs, catsup, horseradish, mustard, 2 teaspoons of the salt, and pepper into a loaf.
4) Apply gravy coloring.
5) Place the carrots with potatoes and onions around meat and season with the remaining 1 teaspoon salt.
6) With a foil, cover the pan and bake for 40 minutes in preheated oven.
7) Remove foil and stir in peas.
8) Again cover and bake for 30 minutes in oven.
9) Uncover and brush the meat and vegetables with pan juices and bake for 5 more minutes until vegetables are soft.
10) Serve hot.