Orange Glazed Sweet Potatoes
|Cooked sweet potatoes/1 can of 29 ounce, drained||3 Large|
|Brown sugar||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs), firmly packed|
|Orange juice||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Grated orange peel||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
1. Peel potatoes and cut into halves.
2. If potatoes are large, cut into quarters.
3. In a 4-cup measure, combine sugar with cornstarch.
4. Stir in orange juice, orange peel and salt.
5. Cook on High for 2-1/2 to 3 minutes, stirring twice.
6. Add butter or margarine to glaze.
7. If thinner glaze is desired, add more orange juice.
8. In a 2-quart casserole, arrange potatoes.
9. Pour sauce over potatoes.
10. Cook on High 5 to 6 minutes.
11. Serve hot.