Lumpiang Sariwa (fresh Spring Rolls) - Mama Sita's Series
|Water||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Yam||7 Ounce, shredded|
|Sweet potato||7 Ounce, roughly shredded|
|Carrots||3 1⁄2 Ounce, roughly shredded|
|Green beans||5 1⁄4 Ounce, cut in half diagonally|
|Cabbage||8 3⁄4 Ounce, shredded|
|Mama sita's pang gisa mix||1 Pouch|
|Wheat flour||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Egg||2 , beaten|
|Seed oil||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Water||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Brown sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Water||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Soy sauce||2 Tablespoon|
|Garlic||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), crushed|
|Peanuts||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), roasted & crushed|
1. Add the water and yam in a wok, bring to a boil and simmer until half cooked.
2. Add the rest of the ingredients and stir well.
3. Cover and cook briefly until the vegetables are tender.
1. In a bowl, combine all dry ingredients and make a well in the centre.
2. Gradually mix in egg, water and oil. Stir until it forms a smooth batter.
3. Pour onto a heated 6-inch Teflon pan, approximately ¼ cup at a time.
4. With the help of a ladle, form a thin round layer of batter and let cook until solid
5. Turn once the wrapper and cook the other side for few seconds.
1. In a small pan, caramelize sugar until it turns dark amber in colour.
2. Add the water and stir until sugar has dissolved.
3. Add salt and soy sauce add the cornstarch previously dissolved with some water.
4. Bring to a boil and cook until sauce thickens.
Dressing of the rolls:
1. Place one wrapper on a flat surface.
2. Add one leaf of lettuce in the centre, letting it overflow from one side.
3. Add 1 ½ tbsp. of filling mixture in the centre and wrap the bottom part of the roll upwards.
4. Proceed to close from left to right and then wrap within the filling keeping tight to form a complete roll.
5. Align the rolls on a serving dish and pour all over the sauce.
6. Top with garlic and peanuts to taste.