Vegetables In Foil
|Eggplant slices||2 (Use Thick Slices)|
|Thick tomato slices||2 (Use Firm Variety)|
|Thin onion slices||2|
|Zucchini slices||2 (Use Thick Slices)|
|Mushrooms||2 Small, halved|
|Freshly ground black pepper||To Taste|
|Olive oil||1 Teaspoon|
1. Place eggplant slices in a colander and sprinkle generously with salt. Toss well.
2. Let stand for about 30 minutes.
3. Rinse eggplant slices and dry thoroughly by pressing between several layers of paper towels.
4. Fold a large piece of foil into double layer to make a 12 inch square.
5. On the foil square, arrange eggplant slices in the center
6. Pile on top of each slice, tomato, onion and zucchini slices.
7. Top the pile with mushroom halves.
8. Sprinkle seasonings and herbs over the vegetables
9. Drizzle olive oil and dollop with butter.
10. Make a tightly sealed foil parcel and keep aside until ready to cook.
11. Heat a coal grill.
12. Place vegetable parcel on hot grill and cook for 15 minutes, turning every 5 minutes.
13. Place the parcel on serving plate
14. Unwrap and crumple the foil at the edges to keep the vegetables hot.
15. Serve immediately.