Vegetable Bulgur Medley
|Sliced shiitake mushrooms/Sliced white mushrooms||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Chopped leeks||1 Cup (16 tbs), thoroughly washed (White Portion And Some Green)|
|Seeded minced chili peppers||1 Tablespoon (Hot / Mild)|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), minced|
|Olive oil||2 Teaspoon|
|Cracked wheat||1⁄4 Pound, uncooked (Or Bulgur)|
|Plum tomatoes||2 Large, blanched, peeled, seeded, and cut into strips|
|Walnuts||1 Ounce, toasted and chopped|
|Chopped fresh cilantro/Italian flat leaf parsley||1 Teaspoon (Chinese Parsley)|
|Mexican seasoning||1 Teaspoon|
|Lime juice||1 Teaspoon (No Sugar Added)|
1. In a 1-quart casserole, put together mushrooms, leeks, pepper, garlic, and oil; mix well.
2. Cover the casserole and cook on High for 3 minutes until the mushrooms soften; stir once in between cooking.
3. Stir in 1 cup of water and bulgur; cover and cook again on High for 4 minutes; stir once in between cooking.
4. Stir in rest of the ingredients.
5. Let it stand covered for 5 minutes.
6. Serve immediately.